Fentanyl confirmed in fake Percocets seized in western N.L.
Bay St. George RCMP say fake Percocet pills recently seized in the Stephenville area have been confirmed thought lab tests to they contain Fentanyl.
The Government of Canada is celebrating the 150th anniversary of Confederation this year by offering free admission to all Parks Canada places.
The free Parks Canada 2017 Discovery Pass will allow individuals to enjoy national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas across the country.
The pass is available from the Parks Canada website as well as at Parks Canada entry gates and visitor centres. CIBC will also be distributing passes for Parks Canada.
Terra Nova National Park begins welcoming visitors for the 2017 season today.
Parks Canada’s National Historic Sites in eastern Newfoundland will be opening on the following dates: Cape Spear Lighthouse (May 20) and Signal Hill (May 20) in St. John’s, Hawthorne Cottage (June 1st) in Brigus, Castle Hill (June 1) in Placentia, and Ryan Premises (June 1) in Bonavista.
Canada’s national parks and historic sites will play a big part in the celebration of Canada 150.
Parks Canada locations in eastern Newfoundland will commemorate the historic milestone with a full schedule of events and programs.
- July 1: Special Canada Day Sunrise Ceremony at Signal Hill National Historic Site followed by a “Wake up the Nation Breakfast” delivered in partnership with the City of St. John’s;
- July 1: Canada Day celebrations at Ryan Premises National Historic Site, including unveiling of a new exhibit in partnership with the Wooden Boat Museum;
- July 8: “The Great Canadian Picnic” at Signal Hill National Historic Site including an evening fireworks display;
- July 15: “The Great Canadian Campfire” at Terra Nova National Park featuring live musical performances;
- “Learn to Camp” programs: July 22-23 Castle Hill National Historic Site / August 19-20 Signal Hill National Historic Site / August 26-27 Terra Nova National Park.
2017 also marks the 100th Anniversary of National Historic Sites in Canada.